This recipe couldn’t be more Indonesian and is a great vegan version of the classic chocolate mousse. It doesn’t taste the same obviously but shares the same rich, creamy texture and has deep flavors of chocolate.
I know a lot of people prefer imported avocados to local ones, as they aren’t as rich, but they work very well for this recipe.
Ingredients for about 5 individual portions
- 1 big ripe avocado ( I like to buy the local butter avocado)
- 10 small ripe bananas (I love pisang lampung variety)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder (I love Big Tree Farm cacao powder)
- Coconut sugar, to taste
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (or as needed to reach the desired consistency)
Preparation: 10min + chilling time
- Blend all the ingredients except the sugar into a food processor until creamy and smooth
- Add the sugar to the desired sweetness and adjust the coconut milk as needed
- Divide in small serving cups and cover with plastic wrap (press the plastic wrap down onto the mousse in order to prevent oxidation due to air contact)
- Chill for a few hours, or overnight.
To read the Indonesian translation, click here
Awesome recipe! Super easy and well received. I added some chopped hazelnut for some crunch to the adult version.
oh I am so glad you liked it!!