A delicious chocolate cake in under 30min (mixing ingredients, baking AND washing dishes) that will beat even your favorite bakery? No problem!
- 250g dark chocolate (chocolate with 60-70% cocoa content will give the deepest flavors but any dark chocolate will do)
- 175g butter
- 75g flour
- 80g sugar (sometimes I’ll mix coconut sugar with white sugar)
- 5 eggs
Preparation – 20min
- Turn on the oven to 210 degrees
- Melt the chocolate and butter either in the microwave or bain marie
Turn the microwave to medium heat for about 1 minute to start with. Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat heating at shorter intervals, 15 to 20 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth consistency.
Break chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl. Sit over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain marie) and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until the mix doubles in volume
- Slowly add the flour, and the melted chocolate and butter
- Pour the mix into a mold and cook for 10min (this can vary depending on your oven). Do not overcook the cake, the goal is to keep it moist (actually undercooked) in the middle
- Leave it to cool 10 minutes before eating
(Note: this cake cannot be unmolded because of its very soft consistency)
(To read the Indonesian translation, click here)