Finally a healthy dessert that will fit all dietary restrictions (no gluten AND vegan) while pleasing even the most picky eaters. Oh and did I mention it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare?!
I know what you’re thinking: vegan ice-cream cannot be any good. This recipe uses coconut milk and is as satisfying as any store-bought icre-cream, only much healthier. (It’s actually a twist from the one-ingredient banana ice cream recipe from here).
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 ripe mangoes
- Coconut milk, as needed (can be replaced by regular milk or cream)
- Sugar to taste (the fruits we get in Jakarta are so good we don’t need to add any)
- Optional: berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries), peanut butter, Nutella, honey, chocolate chips, powdered ginger, cardamom or cinnamon…
Preparation – 10 minutes
- Peel and chop the fruits
- Place in the freezer overnight
- Blend all the ingredients and tadaaa!
If you like a soft consistency, eat straight. If you like a regular ice-cream consistency, freeze it again. Easy!
To read the Indonesian translation, click here.