Jakarta is not the kind of place one falls in love with at first sight BUT with the right setup, an open mind and heart, there is plenty to enjoy.
Here are my tips to prepare expat families to moving to Jakarta:
- Traffic and lack of public spaces mean you will spend an unusual amount of time at home. Here’s what you need to know about expat housing options in Jakarta.
- What’s healthcare like in Jakarta for expats?
- Your container will take a few months to arrive and move through customs. Here’s how you can manage and a packing list.
- Are you a first time “trailing spouse”? It might take some adjusting, here’s what I wish I had known.
- Hiring household help is one of the great privileges of living in Indonesia. Here’s how you will find (and retain) amazing people.
- A collection of English reads you can explore before moving to the Big Durian
- Tips for everyday life in Jakarta